Postdoc Position Available in Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University, Beijing, ChinaPublished on：2018-06-21 10:23
1.Introduction to Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University
Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University (hereinafter referred to as SLIBNU) is a comprehensive experimental platform involving scientific research, technology development and instructional teaching. SLIBNU is established by Beijing Normal University at March 2015 and jointly constructed with Elernity, subsidiary corporation of NetDragon.
Aiming at making full use of advantages and resources of university and enterprise, the Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University explores industry-university-research integration mechanism, focuses on researching the learning patterns in informatized environment, constructing a smart learning environment and platform to support lifelong learning and diverse, individualized and differentiated learning of learners of Digital Generations.
Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University follows the project-based team management and evaluation system, and PI responsibility system to form an efficient governance mechanism with expandable research areas and high-quality team. At present we have Design and Learning Laboratory, Smart City and Learning Environment Laboratory, Open Educational Resources (OER) Laboratory, Educational Robot Engineering Center, ICT Instruction Research Center, International Cooperation Center, Project Incubation Office and Administration Office. It hosts more than 100 full-time and part-time staff, 30 professors and associate professors (including 5 famous international experts).
For more information, please visit our website （/en/）
1) Virtual Reality in Education
Research students’ identity perception, reliable environments, and student-device-environment reciprocal rules as well as cognitive process features; Study the design and evaluation of VR classrooms, the design and applications of VR subject education resources, language learning under MUVE and teacher education modes under VR environment.
2) Big Data in Education
Focus on the collection, clear, storage, statistic analysis and visualization of educational big data; Design and development of learning analysis systems based on educational big data; Security, ethic, policy and regulatory issues related to the massive application of educational big data.
Subject knowledge Ontology Base of middle and primary school; Construction of knowledge graph; Modeling and diagnosis of students’ subject knowledge and teacher’s knowledge; Subject knowledge Visualization.
4)Cloud Computing in Education
Educational Cloud for Educating and Educational Scientific Research; Disciplinary Cloud Computing Engine; Cloud-based Virtual Experimental Platform and Self-Regulation & Evaluation Cloud Service.
5)Internet of Things in Education
Intelligent Sensor and Digital Laboratory Research, Assist Advanced Cognition of Human, Expand the research & development of integrated smart learning equipment in human’s learning skill and knowledge; The design, implementation and optimizing of mart technologies-based school learning environments (such as classrooms, campus and areas).
6)ICT-Based Teaching and Studying
Research on behavior characteristics of children and adolescents under information technology-supported environments; classroom teaching application demonstration of emerging technologies; Information Technology-Assisted Teacher Professional Learning; Educational Application Evaluation of New Technologies and New Methods; New Products of Smart Education.
Candidates are needed to meet the following requirements:
1) Have obtained PhD degree in top universities from China or abroad;
2) Be able to work full-timely (in-service staff will not be accepted).
3) With high-profile research outputs in the last 5 years and accord with the following terms:
（1）Presided ministerial and provincial-level research projects and scored periodic important achievements.
（2）Published high-level original research results in first-author or corresponding author identity, at least 1 B or above journal or SSCI-Q1 paper, or 2 C or above papers, or 3 CSSCI source journal papers.
Have relevant degree and scientific research experience aligned with the research direction described earlier; Have solid theoretical, academic and research background; Have undertook substantial research work, and have high-quality scientific research achievements;
4) Have strong ability in studying independently, teamwork, good communication skills, and fluent English oral and written skills.
1) Work full-timely at SLIBNU and be regarded as formal registered staff; undertake research work and tasks assigned by the institute.
2) Complete research work with high-quality achievements independently or collaboratively.
3) Lead teams, work on projects, and participate in work for international communications and cooperation.
1) Applicant shall send their personal resume (including educational background, working experience, primary achievements and contact information), future research interests and plans, three to five abstracts of representative publications and relevant certifications (significant achievements certifications, employment certifications oversea or domestically, diplomas, awards, publications retrieval, patents, research projects hosted, etc.) via e-mail: email@example.com
2) Participate in an interview with members of the selection committee
3) Successful applicant need to prepare relevant documents according to the requirements described in <Post Doctorate Entering procedures of Beijing Normal University > to enter the program.
1) Welfare and remuneration are governed by relevant regulations based on post doctorate of Beijing Normal University (including basic salary and allowance subsidies, social security fund and public accumulation fund).
2) Provide competitive performance incentives and matched life allowance based on the position, achievements, and contribution towards the development of the institute.
3) Our institute will provide top skilled supervisor, superior resources and platforms, favorable working and scientific researching environment, opportunities for international communications, open projects and working in a cooperative team, and create conditions to make post doctorates work cheerfully and live happily.
4) For the candidates who obtained great achievements during the employment period, they will be recommended preferentially to work in our institute and our joint institutes after the completion of their post doctorate programs.
7.Information for Applicants
Please apply via email. Please use “post doctorate+ name” as the name of application material and the email subject.
Application and recommendation are very welcomed.
Deadline: 31th December 2018
Contact: Hongyan Kuai
Address: 12F, Block A, Jingshi Technology Building, No. 12 Xueyuan South Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China